Friday, September 2, 2011

Dirt Road Decor: Real Teal Tray and Frame

This is one of the new projects I've been dreaming of doing for a while now, and finally booted myself to get it done.

I thought upcycling furniture and random decor pieces was this new fad I was into; but a recent trip to my parents, rummaging through the basement made me realize I've been doing this for almost a decade now. Tables, shelves, picture frames, dressers....I was one creative kid. I'm glad I'm trying to find that again. Its just so satisfying to be creative...and cheap!

So here is my adult life project #1.. and breakfast/coffee tray I got at ValueVillage about 5 years ago when I first moved to the city for University.















It was a simple project: clean, sand, paint. But the result was awesome. The pop of colour adds so much. It looks a lot better refurbished on my coffee table than it did old and ugly in my storage room.

My memory fails me on what paint brand I used, but the colour was 'Real Teal' and I am now in love with it....so in love that I used it to do a complimenting photo frame.















No comments:

Post a Comment