Wednesday, June 24, 2015

DIY Oreo Pops

As a continuation of my DIY wedding desserts, after I mastered cake pops, I figured Oreo Pops would be a breeze..and I was right. Here is how I did them:


Items Needed
Double Stuff Oreos (it is soooo much easier with Double Stuff)
Misc Sprinkles
Candy Melts
Cooking oil, I am sure any kind will do
Lollipop sticks
Aluminum Foil

Directions
  1. Twist all of the Oreos to hopefully have one side with nothing and one side with all of the stuffing.
  2. Melt a cup full of your candy melts. It is best to do this 30 seconds at a time in the microwave on half-power.
  3. Put a plateful of the stuffing halves of the Oreos in the microwave and quickly until the stuffing is somewhat softened
  4. Take a lollipop stick and dip about 2 cm of the tip into the melted candy melts, then stick into the stuffing side of the Oreo. Place the other half of the Oreo back on and put a bit of pressure to ensure it mushes together. Do them all at once, giving the sticks drying time.
  5. After the sticks are done, melt a larger amount of candy melts, I found a very shallow container works the best. Add about half a teaspoon of oil in it and mix. This thins out the melt and makes it easier to dip.
  6. Dip your pops into the melt with the Oreo laying horizontally, go half way in, and hold the pop over the cup for several seconds, tapping it a few times to get all of the excess melt off.
  7. Add desired sprinkles/decoration.
  8. Lay the pop with the undipped side down to dry.
  9. Once the side that was dipped is dry, repeat to dip the opposite side.

Freezing - I make my pops in 2 separate batches, months apart and froze both. To freeze, I placed 2 pops in a sandwich ziploc bag, then filled up a freezer ziploc bag with as many sandwich bags that would fit. All thawed beautifully, no issues.







No comments:

Post a Comment