Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Dirt Road Decor: Lemon Walpaper Night Stand

This is one of my new more exciting (well, for me anyways) pieces. I finally braved the world of ModPodge! Well, since 6th grade art class, that is. This piece was given to me and I can't help but feel bored of my standard new paint, new hardware upcycles. I've been adoring many of these creative ModPodge creations on some of my fav sites for a while now and decided to give it a shot. 

I picked up a can of spray adhesive and Modpodge from Wal-Mart, as well as a "trial size" can of Slicker Yellow paint. (I find the $5 trial size to be the perfect amount for these night stands). The wrapping paper was previously bought at Winners to wrap my parents Anniversary gift, so that we'll count as freeeeeee!



I was a tad nervous about the wrapping paper part. To be honest (lesbihonest!...sorry, J.Shore quote :S ) I painted the top drawer Yellow and almost chickened out with the idea. But well, why not! It took perfectionist me 3 applications and rip it all off's before I was totally satisfied. The spray adhesive made the paper wet, so I was getting air bubbles in it. Oh well, lessons learned.


I'm super happy with the result! Definately not the last project of its kind I'll be attempting.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh I love this! So adorable. The yellow is so pretty!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete